My Llama Drama - Paperback Picture Book
But blow me down, I swear it's true - this llama said, "You want some stew?"
There's something strange going on at the llama farm. The llamas seem to be talking! But a talking herd of llamas! Can that be?
A charming and humorous rhyming picture book about a quirky bunch of llamas just trying to be heard. The perfect beginning reader story for children 2-7years, designed to entertain and enchant children while supporting them to learn to read through clever use of rhyme and repetition. Great for little ones learning colours and adjectives, too!
- Option for author signature and dedication (if you tick 'Yes' below)
- 28 pages of lively, fun and colourful illustrations
- Written in engaging rhyme to support beginning readers
- Educational material at the back of the book
- Entertaining and funny
- Durable premium matte paperback soft cover
- Size: 8.5" x 8.5" (21.6cm x 21.6cm)
- Perfect bound
- Developing phonemic awareness early is an important part of learning to read. Rhyming teaches children how language works and helps them notice and work with sounds within sounds.
- Children can begin to predict text. This supports children seeing themselves as readers early.
- Rhyme helps children experience the rhythm of language and can support reading with expression down the track.
- Rhyme is an important factor for learning to write. It assists a child to understand language and spelling patterns, and common sound elements. For example, word families.
- It helps children develop their oral language skills and studies have shown it can even help children improve their recall and memorisation skills!
- Rhyme is so much fun!
About the author
Lisa Kalma lives with her husband, son and elderly cat in Canberra, Australia. A primary school teacher with a love of Dr Seuss and Roald Dahl, Lisa loves nothing better than writing stories for children of all ages that make them snort-laugh into their juice.