Launch Team Members Only Backstage Pass
A PDF with some more information on the book, author info and illustrator info.
My Llama Drama parent/teacher points:
My Llama Drama is a humorous picture book for ages 3-7, featuring the following:
- clever use of rhyme and repetition to support beginning reading development
- a fun reading experience with humour to keep children engaged and entertained
- bright and charming illustrations
- Developing phonemic awareness early is an important part of learning to read. It teaches children how language works and helps them notice and work with sounds within sounds.
- Children can begin to predict text. This supports children seeing themselves as readers early.
- Rhyme helps children experience the rhythm of language and can support reading with expression down the track.
- Rhyme is an important factor for learning to write, too. It assists a child to understand language and spelling patterns, and common sound elements. For example, word families.
- It helps children develop their oral language skills and studies have shown it can even help children improve their recall and memorisation skills!
- Rhyme is so much fun!